- If you want to have an extended conversation with your child's teacher, please make an appointment so your child's teacher can schedule his time and plan accordingly.
- Please, please, please thank the teachers who take the time to meet with you for extended conferences.
- Teaching is a lonely profession with few extrinsic rewards. A quick email saying, "Hey, that was such a cool project! My son really enjoyed it!!!!" takes 2 minutes to write and will be remembered by your son's teacher for years.
- Tell your child's principal when your child's teacher does great work.
- Your child's teacher is a partner with you in caring about your child's learning. Treat them as a partner, not a boss or a servant.