(Modified from this one at mediterrasian.com.) Serves four as a side dish.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 clove garlic -- minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes (or substitute 1 medium sized tomato diced)(Cherry tomatoes keep better in the fridge, should you have leftovers.)
- 1/4 medium sized red onion diced
- 1/2 - 1 large English cucumber (sliced into thick disks and then quartered)
- 4 oz (120g) feta cheese --cut into small cubes
- 16 kalamata olives
- In a small jar with a water-tight lid, put the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Shake to combine.
- For best results make dressing a day ahead (store in fridge) for flavours to blend.
- Put remaining ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Just prior to serving, pour half of the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Add remaining dressing to taste.
[Cross-posted at Easy Greek salad ]