2012-12-16

Thank you Mr. Rogers

From the Fred Rogers Company website:

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world."

Read more about how to talk to children about tragic events in the news.



If you liked this, I also posted:

.

Related Article Widget by Hoctro

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lee,

The link to Mr. Roger's advice page appears to have moved to this location: http://www.fredrogers.org/FRC/par-tragic-events.html.
You may want to update your link accordingly.

If possible, I would also be thrilled if you would consider linking to an additional resource here: http://reviewsmylife.com/death-and-other-dastardly-ds
I think that your readers would appreciate the different angle of dealing with tragic event news.

Thanks in advance for your consideration, and if I can help you any further, please feel free to contact me directly at this email address: mitko@hop-online.com.

Best regards,
Mitko