Guaranteed to be a delight with the pre-school set! (Results are similar in consistancy to gummy bears, but cool to the mouth -- a perfect warm weather treat!)
- one envelope of Knox gelatine (15 mL)
- 50 mL room-temperature water
- 200 mL boiling water
- one package of Jell-o (85 g)
- one small casserole-type dish
- pour gelatin pouch over 50mL of room-temperature water (not in hot water or the gelatin clumps)
- add 50 mL of boiling water and stir constantly until gelatin is completely dissovled (about 1-2 minutes)
- add remainder of boiling water (about 150 mL)
- add package of Jell-o powder
- mix until Jell-o dissolved
- pour into small casserole-type dish such that the liquid is at least 2 cm in depth
- put in refrigerator to set (about 1-2 hours)
- cut into cubes or strips and eat with fingers!
Cross posted at myRecipes.